View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

America network aims for the middle
Zap2it.com

LOS ANGELES - (KRT) - A former CNN executive is putting together investors to launch a new channel devoted entirely to what are sometimes derisively referred to as the "flyover states."

The America Channel is the brainchild of Doron Gorshein, who has previously worked for CNN and satellite-TV provider EchoStar. The cable network will focus on nonfiction programming that reflects the values of Middle America.

"This won't be reality TV as understood by its popular connotation," he tells the Hollywood Reporter. "This is about real places and people."

Programs that would populate the channel include "Campus Report," featuring college students documenting their lives; "Occupational Hazard," in which people spend a day at an unusual job; and "America from Afar," which would look at how foreign media outlets report on events in the United States.

Gorshein estimates that the America Channel will need about $65 million in start-up funding.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these show ideas sound kind of subversive to me