View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

Well, I have to disagree with the best character being a dwarf fighter. The best -fighter- (tank) is a dwarf (imo), but there are other characters that can do well in the game. My character is an elven mage I'm playing in BG1 to take him into BG2 and kit into a wild mage. Other strategies (probably everyone knows though)

Cloudkill/Stinking cloud + animate dead spell combo: Stinking cloud works better than cloudkill (that way the baddies cant attack your skels), but if you use them both together, that's some good stuff.

Web + Fireball/Cloudkill/Skull Trap/Any other area effect spell: self explanitory

Give Jaheira darts, not a sling: at 3 attacks a round (maybe more because she's specialized) she can actually make good use of the darts of wounding/stunning. Which will be really helpful in disrupting enemy mages (as long as they don't have missle protection).

I've yet to get past chapter 3, but these tactics worked in BG1 and up to this point in BG2. I'd post more, but I have a class. Maybe later.