View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 06:48 AM   #1
tehmpus
The Magister

Please use this thread to post your creative ideas on hints or tactics. I will be checking this thread over the next several days to learn more. Please dont include cheats such as casting "Magic Resistance" on dragons. Here's some of mine:

1) Golems: Regular cast spells dont work on them, but WANDS do. Buy the 50 charge Cloudkill wand in town. 1 zap usually will take down most golems.

2) Avoiding Mantle: When a monster or mage casts a Mantle spell, simple retreat for a few seconds and let it wear off before continuing.

3) Carry Normal Weapons: Each of your warrior type characters should carry normal weapons for those times when the opponents are protected from magical weapons.

4) Trolls: Keep a supply of fire or acid arrows handy for trolls. Also, Heirdalis can kill trolls with his poison shortsword.

5) Int Potions: Use multiple intelligence raising potions to increase the number of spells allowed in a mage's spellbook. These additional spells remain in your book after the effects of the potion wear off.

6) Thievery potions: Buy them if Nalia is your only thief type. This helps you not rely too heavily on yee ol "knock" spells.

7) 18 STR Mace: Give this purchaseable item to Aerie. It allows her to carry more items, and not get weighed down in the process.

8) Nonmagical Plate: All your plate wearing chars should wear the nonmagical Full Plate armor, so that they can take advantage of a cloak/amulet/ring of protection which increases Saves in addition to AC.

9) Summon Nishru works great against casters.

10) When escaping the Mind Flayers, use their charm collars to charm one, and have it open the two specially locked doors. You can turn yourself into Slayer for this, but that lowers your reputation.

11) In the Red Dragon Dungeon, complete the mask before killing the invisable guardian. That allows you to finish the mask quest properly.

12) Best legitimate char: Imported Dwarf Warrior from Baldur's Gate 1. Make sure he used all the statbooks, and learns grandmaster longsword in the process.

I'll be checking this thread regularly to hear your responses and learn from you as well.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe