View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 02:25 AM   #9
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
Coming from a deep Final Fantasy background, I always seem to get a little scared when I'm forced to give someone the boot. Well, the time has finally arrived.

I'm working on the Unseeing eye quest for the temple of Helm, and I've run into mr. goody goody paladin (ok ok INQUISITOR) Keldorn. I got a pretty good thing going with myself (a dual wielding blade), minsc (duh), Valygar Corthala (dual wielding Katanas, one his family sword), Yoshimo (a capable a thief as any, what can I say, he's grown on me *for now*), Jaheira, and Aerie. (which I are essentially my spell tossin' tag-team, and Jaheira is a rather potent melee force in a pinch too).

Do I need Keldorn? I mean, I can turn him down. Just curious on opinions.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 06-25-2001).]
I know what you mean about the Final Fantasy thing Walukin, I've got the same problem (?) myself. I'd go with Keldorn myself as he is a great NPC, but also a great character...I saw him as the grizzled veteran in my group, a kind of gentleman warrior whom any good party would be poorer without. However, as I said, I see where you are coming from (I'm starting Final Fantasy 9 right now btw-I love it!), and if you like Valygar go with it I say. Besides no NPC however good is indispensable, so Holy Avenger or no Holy Avenger-leave Keldorn out, you dont absolutely need him.

[This message has been edited by Ravana (edited 06-25-2001).]