Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #25
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
What things in particular did you find disturbing, Cerek?
The main thing was the belief that Wiccans have "sold out" because they only use positive magic. A Satanist should use good magic to benefit themselves, but should also use harmful magic to seek revenge on their enemies. (listed under the Religious Satanist).

This violates Christian values on several levels. First, Christians are admonished to have nothing whatsoever to do with witches, mediums, warlocks, diviners, or other persons who tap into supernatural forces to gain knowledge and/or power.

Secondly, Jesus instructs Christians to love thier enemy as they love themselves. (I admit that most Christians fall FAR short on this one, myself included).

There were other points, but that's to be expected. The two theologies are diametrically opposed, so there isn't going to be much common ground.

BTW, Azurewolf, Christians don't do much burning at the stake anymore. OSHA regulations have made it practically impossible to hold a good witch-burning and still follow all the guidelines.
(although you might want to be wary of netherwordly flames later on. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] )

Heck, it's all we can do to get enough of us together for a good, Sunday-night stoning anymore. [img]graemlins/3laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/3laugh.gif[/img]

Ah..don't worry, A.W., I'm just messin' with ya. [img]graemlins/3laugh.gif[/img]