View Single Post
Old 11-12-2001, 02:04 AM   #1
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I just killed both of them on one days worth of spells.

First, things not to do with Kangaxx.
1. Don't use Projected Image. I figured when he imprisoned my image, I would be able to summon some other stuff. Nope. You just can't move and he zaps you next.

2. Don't get between you and your summons. He imprisons you instead.

3. Don't forget about a demons death gaze. In my second attempt, I killed Kangaxx only to get killed by his pit fiend that finally got released from his Maze.

Kangaxx turned out to be easier than I expected. I summoned a couple of Mordenkainen's Swords and put them in the corner. I spider spawned two spiders. One I put near the swords and the other near Kangaxx's spawing spot. I opened the casket and ran near the top. (Just barely enough to see him at the edge of the fog)

I cast Simulcrum and waited for Kangaxx's protections to pop-up. He casted a death spell and killed only one spider. The other spider and two swords then go in and attack. He summoned an efreeti which lasted long enough to show up before he got death spelled himself.

My simulcrum and I dispelled his protections. Two critical hits and a few Melf's Minute Meteors later, Kangaxx tried to get mean. I didn't lose any of the summons and didn't take a hit. Time stop...
MMM...MMM...MMM...MMM...MMM...MMM... you get the picture. Oops. He just imprisoned my spider. Both swords hit. Simulcrum and I are blasting away with MMM. Lost two more swords. I timed it well enough that when he imprisoned the second sword I used my freedom scroll. All three came back, just in time as the simulcrum finished him off.

I proceeded to head to see Firkraag. Sent three hasted (improved) skeleton warriors in to clean out the Dungeon. I used 2 fireballs and one abi-horrid wilting. Conster the mage was a joke. Two well placed skull traps did him in. I went up to slay Firkraag.

I cast Simulcrum and summoned a wyvern. I placed the wyvern near Firkraag and moved the simulcrum and I just within eyesight. I cast Lower resistance. I waited until just before it fired and used my simulcrum to cast breach. His resistance dropped and he went hostile. His stoneskin promptly came up and got dispelled the next second. He wing buffeted the wyvern just as my second lower resistance hit. My simulcrum fired magic missiles. I used timestop.
Abi's horrid wilting, spell sequencer (three magic missiles), minor spell sequencer (two magic missiles), greater malison, two acid arrows, and a polymorph other scroll (just for good measure), and finally, two more magic missiles.

Once again, the simulcrum gets the killing blow with her magic missile.

Edit: Actually, I forgot I rested in Firkraag's Dungeon. So not technically one day's worth of spells.

Twisted rune....here I come.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]