Thread: What's new?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #23
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: What's new?

Ok, short update on my computer. It's fully assembled and running. Well lit up also. First liquid cooler died on me, fortunately no damage to the system overall, that I've noticed. Replaced it with a new one.

Anyway, I'm encountering an issue which I'm hoping to resolve. My Keyboard and Mouse are USB devices. Naturally, I'm inclined to plug them into the back of my computer. Problem, MB disables rear USB ports on sleep mode. When I get the system out of sleep mode via the power button on the case, keyboard and mouse fail to re-start. Had to reboot computer to get them running again. Also have a USB 3.0 PCI-e card installed in the back with an internal 3.0 header to feed my forward 3.0 ports. (short-sighted me didn't notice that in spite having 3.0 ports on the rear, the MB did NOT have a 3.0 header inside)

Question is two fold:
1) Is it possible to keep the rear USB ports active even in sleep mode, and how?
2) If the above is not possible, could plugging the mouse and keyboard into the PCI-e card prove to be a viable work-around, or would those ports likely have the same issues as the ones on the MB?

I am finding some tech help elsewhere as well. If I find anything that answers my questions successfully, I'll likely post a link or, at least a copied paragraph.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote