View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 06:45 PM   #25
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by aj142:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
I agree that modern RPGs are not what they used to be. The decline in plot and storyline is most disturbing, with the exception of a few games that have been mentioned.
Did you ever play Xenogears? A lot of people feel that it is one of the all-time best RPGs, partly because the story is so unique. I think this series is one of those exceptions you are referring to, don't you? The story AND the graphics and music are excellent, and I expect that Xenosaga will be even better.[/QUOTE]Ahh, I'd almost forgotten Xenogears, a great game, also an older (IIRC '96 game) is Birthright it allowed you to rule a kingdom in the birthright campaign setting from TSR, you could do alot of fun things involving managing your kingdom, or if that wasn't your cup of tea you could go adventuring (no rulership responsibilities, teh king mode had the adventures built into the plot)

the graphics weren't all that great, but the gameplay was very fun, in a micromanaging kind of way (similar to the civilization games)