View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 08:13 AM   #25
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

MagiK darlin', it's not as if *we* didn't do the same thing when we were teens!

But I would agree that the internet and communications in general have served to produce a better informed, more widely studied child in general (where applicable). Their world is a *lot* bigger than our ever was and IMO their brains are wired a bit differently for it. Mozart was a musical child prodigy in his day, but in today's world (while he'd still be a genius) he'd not be as *much* an exception.

Budha has the theory that when you're young, the world is there for your conquer--and you are bulletproof (in your own mind, anyhow)! Now sooner or later you learn you are not bulletproof and infallible, but for a short while it seems like it [img]smile.gif[/img] . It's only after this miraculous stage that you realize how much you really don't know and then can get on with learning and life. I think it holds true, if you think about it.

I know I have two teen boys and a near-enough teen girl in the house right now---and I am constantly amazed at just how stupid I really am [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ! It's a wonder I *ever* made it to this wrinkledy old age to hear them tell it. But just wait til they move out into the cold, cold world all by thems' lonesomes'...........