View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 05:22 AM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I saw two "critical flaws" with the article itself.

First of all, it says the reporter discovered critical flaws in the software used by DieBold and also found internal memos "that appear to be authentic" that say these vulnerabilities were not of great concern.....yet the article never mentions exactly WHAT these critical flaws are!!!!

And I also don't see how these "critical flaws" could be inherently designed to favor the Republican party simply because the manufacture is a GOP supporter. Again, as I said, I may be missing something.

I would be interested to find out exactly what these "critical flaws" are? And what did they mean by the comment that "votes can be easily changed"? Are they worried that election officials could actually go in after the polls close and tamper with the results? If so, that still isn't a flaw that inherently favors Repubs, since there are just as many districts that are primarily Demo and it stands to reason that officials there could skew the results in their favor also.

Interesting article, but the points raised definitely require further investigation, IMHO.