Thread: Leveling up
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 10:35 PM   #10
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Insanity is at the heart of any good character!

As for my Barbarian: Yes he is wearing a belt I found in HoF called the Drawven Ogre. Raises strength by six... only usuable by Barbarians Rangers and Fighters... OR... [img]smile.gif[/img] character with ONE level of these. [img]smile.gif[/img] If it didnt mess up the BAB a Half Orc Monk 29/Fighter 1 would be SUPER powerful wearing this belt... But until a patch fixes that I will have to live with a monks strength maxing out at 27+2 with the Mercy Killer belt.

On a side note: has anyone made a Drow Monk? Monks get Spell Resitance but so do drow... and they stack. But only up to 50. I was wonder if ANY spells would get through at 50. The new system is a little weird. I beleive its a DC check against the casters Spellcraft level, which even in HoF should never be over 33. So with a little math it would be 33 + 1d20 Vs. 50 + 1d20 and since the max would be 53 for the spell caster and the MINIMUM for the monk would be 51 he should never be affected by a spell. Is this right??? I have also see a bug pop up where the Spell resistance stacked up to 81.