View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 07:41 AM   #14
Whailor

I personally don't know anyone who has not played this game. It's an old title by now and the net is full of spoilers, tips, solutions, cheats and so on. If a person expects not to be "spoiled" in the first place, I suppose that he/she wouldn't come here at all. But since he/she came here, it was pretty clear intent to get a "spoiler".

Every "tip" can be considered as a spoiler as well. If someone wants a spoiler-free game, then there's no point to even look on the boards. I playerd BG1 and BG2 and everything else I have ever played through alone, on my own, without anyone's help or tips. I didn't need it, these are already spoilers. So I don't see really any reason to jump the gun, just because here's the word "Spoiler" missing from the needed 20th column from the line, 3rd row from the top. So if the friend of a jumping egg doesn't want to get spoiled, then he really should not use any boards related to this game whatsoever. Not send e-mails asking for tips. Not call to a friend and ask for tips. The message board is for exchanging the information, not censor the available knowledge the people have.

I personally feel it's much more reasonable to give tips and spoilers here, rather then have the person simply download the ShadowKeeper and cheat away, or use the in-game cheats. The "spoiler" is still a legit way to the through something and should not be labelled a la "delete this trash" with a red face at the end. Not to mention that it's - again - an old title and anyone who has been even slightly interested in it has probably read the reviews, which give away much more information about the game (i.e. where you start, why you are here and where you end) then the posts here. These boards and people here are a good and legit source of the information, so they should - in my eyes - post as they do, instead of forcing the deletion of their posts. When someone comes to these boards, it's their intent already to get "spoilers, tips, tricks, info, solutions", otherwise they wouldn't be here. So, let them get it, it's information age we're in.