View Single Post
Old 12-24-2002, 02:57 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

1. HoW/TotL is similar to BG:ToB. Once you go to HoW you cannot leave and go back; however, you go to TotL via HoW which you can't leave until you've completed. That is, you can't get back to Lonelywood until you've finished TotL. There are new areas, mostly underground/indoors, but it is good. HoW sorts out all sorts of issues, and patches the game far better. Also, it introduces little touches like screen res, and the Tab (or is it Alt) key for finding dropped items or for finding doors. Brilliant stuff.

2. You import your characters directly, so unless you edit your ranger with Dalekeeper, you'll maintain the racial enemy you've previously chosen.

3. IWD stays the same, except for the entry point at Kuldahar, and a toughter end fight.

4. There are scroll cases, gem bags and potion boxes. The uses for which are self-explanatory. There is a bag of holding though. (IIRC you buy it at TotL, but don't quote me.)

5. It increases both. In fact, you can turn up/down the setting anytime you like, so keep it on normal, and turn it up when you get the XP. It's just one thing you can do, and I'm not saying I advocate it.

Hope that helps.

[ 12-24-2002, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]