View Single Post
Old 05-28-2001, 09:28 AM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anybody read this news on the development of ToB???
Excerpt from the man's diary:

Quote:
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal -- Volume 4
If squashing bugs is your game, ToB's Line Producer, Nathan Plewes, feels your pain.
By - Nathan Plewes
Quote:

Well here I sit after another couple of hours of playing Throne of Bhaal and a smile crosses my face even though the monsters were smart enough to come looking for me when I ran screaming from combat and then proceeded to reduce my party to blubbering heaps. Yes, this is going to be one sweet, sweet game…

Seeing as one of my many envious tasks is organizing the bug list, I see the progress of the game from nearly all departments simultaneously. Even though we are nearly content complete I still see the comment and suggestion exchanges between QA (ours and Interplay's), and the design team and it shouldn't surprise me that there are always new tweaks that keep showing up on the list. I remember what it was like dealing with Shadows of Amn.

The team's dedication to perfection really shows through when I see that the list turn over is quicker than in BG2. Apparently they don't realize just how efficient they are and that they're squashing the bugs faster than they can be found.

I share an office with the BioWare QA team - yes, the whole team, and I keep hearing that it will take me somewhere between 30 and 50 hours to finish Throne of Bhaal. Well I'm sitting at nearly 30 hours and I've barely put a dent in it. Looks like I'm going to have to get a much bigger sword.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-28-2001).]