View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Falling on Floor Laughing Re: Teaching enviromentalism "indoctrination"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Simply put, I have served many years in Europe, here in the US, even in Oregon, who has a very 'nice' recycling program, we pale in comparison.

As a building coordinator in a typical 8 family dwelling, it was not uncommon for me to hold the occupants (not just the soldiers, I had the "lippy" wives there too!) of the building in a formation. Re-read to them the recycle and trash policy, (serviced by the host nation) and then have them sort their trash in the driveway. IIRC, it only took three times of the sanitation and recycle departments of not picking up our trash followed by our 'corrective training' to get it figured out.

"The Falls of the Ohio", just up the highway, proves "global warming" to be what it is. A cycle that has happened in the past, more so, 385 some odd million years ago for 'round hear'! Yes sir, 386 million years ago, my humble little abode was covered with ice!

In times of past, where the "Sahara Desert" is present, once was a rain forest. Recall "Wegener's Continental Drift Theory" and recent talk of the South Eastern US possibly becoming "arid" within some of ours lifetime. It has happened, and will continue to happen, regardless of our environmental policing policy.

Should it be taught in our schools? Yes!
Can we fix it? No!
Can we absolve the effects we have already placed upon it? No!

However, I'm just a communications major, and I have slept in a Holiday Inn Express recently, due to the effects of the 2009 ice storm!
I live in Florida and am aware that Florida's latitude puts us in the Northern desert band that surrounds the Earth. I think that being a peninsula jutting into warm waters may delay the desertification of FL. You may have noticed that other areas of the Earth in the NDB that are in areas with lots of water have avoided this fate also. I am awaiting a much more dire fate however,,,, There will eventually be so many people that the aquifer will be gone....then start the "water wars".

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote