View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 09:56 AM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
andrewas you said that there is defects when cloning animals but if I rember correctly there was no problems with the sheep that was cloned. But I could be wrong the media maybe played it out as if there was nothing wrong. You hear anything that went wrong with the sheep???
If I remember correctly, the problem with the sheep was that they had made a clone from adult cells, and it seems that the cells somehow have a kind of memory of their own age - so the sheep died very quickly, of old age, since its cells were waaay older than it was.[/QUOTE]I think it is the telamerase or telemeres that cause this aging thing. I did some research on cell aging once. Each time a cell divides a bit of the telomere gets nipped off, and when the telomere gets too short then the cell cannot divide any more and dies or some such. Been a while and I am not even sure of the spelling.

I won't believe the Baby is actually a clone untill he/she is examined by outside researchers. This italian guy strikes me as a bit dodgey.