View Single Post
Old 09-16-2001, 06:46 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

You are so right Alex. I've been watching the news and last night I came to the conclusion that it looks pretty bad.

Think about it. If we bomb the crap out of Afganistan and kill countless Afgans we will be creating a new generation of terrorists, a new generation of hate. If you take out bin Laden, someone will take his place. We are in a very difficult and delicate position.

President Bush has been given extreme power in this and I am a little scared. His rhetoric is getting stronger and the press and he are stirring us up for the Mother of All Battles. The media kept showing the plane hits and the destruction. They keep showing us the pain of the people in hospitals and the pain of those missing their loved ones. This hurts us quite a lot and causes our wounds to remain open. Yes, we need never forget, but we do not need to be continually fed the horror and sadness.

This is not Desert Storm, this will be far larger and more deadly. We don't need another Korea or Vietnam. We need a level head here.

This IS the end of the World as we knew it. Because of this America may be ruined for all time and the rest of the World may follow. We are ready to commit ground troops, many people good and bad (depending on where you sit) will die. I hope we can all live with the consequences of our leaders actions.

If there was a way to satiate the masses by spending our money to beef up our Intelligence and protect this land, that is what I feel would be best. But I fear there are far to many who need blood shed to feel vindicated. That is sad, for there will be a veritable Sea Of Blood that will never wash away hatred and cleanse all our souls.

Now, I'm not expecting everyone to agree with what I've just posted. I implore you to write something to discredit this, I hope for it. But please do it constructively, jabs and anger will not help.

Mark