View Single Post
Old 11-04-2001, 04:38 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

In my opinion the barbarian class is a bit dissapointing when yu compare it to the fighter class. The fact that he moves faster usually means all the missile fire, spells, demons are directed against him. So then where's the armour to help him, wait he only has crimson death +5(Giving him an armour class of zero, no it's true you aren't dreaming) that will save him, right? When all else fails attack, he turns on his (weaker then berzerker's) rage entering combat. Atmittedly doing a lot of damage but with only two slots in whatever he cant finish he job as quickly as a fighter would. The fact thats he resistant to plenty of things there are items that can do just the same thing. It is a good class but when you set it up against the fighter and it's sub-classes it falls short in my opinion. The berzerker in my opinion is the best fighter there is, capable of doing everything a straight fighter can and being able to summon a rage that makes Liches and their imprisoment spells cower in fear. The only drawback is that it cant use missile weapons, but you dont usually get fighters to be archers, that's what rangers are for. The wizard slayer is a class that is only useful when you are role-playing because it's quite horrible. The kensai is good but tricky to get used to, an aquired taste. You hate it or you love it.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Sigmar ]