View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 AM   #25
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Oh, commission-based sales. The real difference between MLM and broker/agency is found by asking this question: at some point in the future do you "break off" into your own reasonably independent organization within the overall structure or do you simply move up the residual commission ladder as you add more people in your group? If you "break off" then you are in a broker/agency; otherwise, you are in MLM.
That being said, commission-based sales can be tough (I certainly didn't get too far on my first test flight [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but very rewarding financially. I look on the bright side--I still have a license to sell life/health insurance and I need only the exam fee to earn a license to sell securities/annuities.
In either case, stick with it. As my former RVP says, "financial independence hurts".

Now that I've bored most everyone else in the Cafe, I'll stop talking about business. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.