View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 01:53 AM   #48
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

JINGOISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT hide my patriotism just because someone thinks it's 'sickening'.

As a matter of fact, it makes me want to display it more! I think that as much as other countries can understand being proud of their country, they just don't understand Americans. Patriotism is mistaken for arrogance, our show of standing together, and being proud to be a nation, to the point of not caring what anyone else thinks, is jingoism. All I can say is TOUGH!!!!!! Deal with it. We are who we are, just as you are who you are. I don't see Americans here getting down on other countries for their pompous attitudes, or indifference to their counties for that matter. Let us be AMERICANS! After all, we are!!!!!

Oh and let me put this disclaimer in 'I DON'T SPEAK FOR ALL AMERICANS!!' Just thought I'd beat anyone else to it

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)