Thread: Bush. No Uhs.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
The real danger, Liliara, lies in pursuing courses of action that turn non-extremists into extremists violently opposed to us.

I cannot take such a cavalier attitude towards giving people reasons to hate my children.

Obviously, we don't want to do this, but I also don't want to teach my children to give in to make others happy.

Some people from other nations will hate our children regardless, but will we teach our children to do what is right, or will we teach them to bend to the will of others to keep the peace, or something in-between? To keep the "peace" defined by others?

Remember, this is the world we'll be turning over to them in a generation, and I don't want my kids to think they have to be perfect and keep the world happy no matter what the cost, anymore than I want them to think we should rule the world.

Protect what is right.
Protect what is yours.
Protect the innocent.
These three things are idealic, but regardless of mishap, the USA has tried harder to do these three things over the years, than any other existing nation.

I'll repeat an idea that I've used in several different threads on this message board, "If you find someone who does a better job....LET ME KNOW."

"There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bear the iron hand;
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand."

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-14-2001).]
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote