Thread: Bush. No Uhs.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2001, 11:37 PM   #1
G'kar

No seriously....In an agressive situation with a need to take charge and act, he's done it for a majority. But his policy decisions before that were seriously questionable by a considerable amount of the polled population. We KNOW the graciousness of our neighbors on this planet, as they generally show support as well as sympathy and condolence in wake of our great tragedy even after being rebuked nearly across the board on more than one serious agreement previously before. I am Thankful for the feeling of world community.

One point.

We need to speak loud and clear in the middle east peace process. The Bush non-approach to Isreali aggression is appalling, saying little to the gunship assination of politico-military palistienian leaders on terroist charges. No trial, No jury, No judge, Just execution. That is war, niether diplomacy, nor justice. Diplomacy pisses of extremists too, but I bet that war will piss em off even more. Peace between the Isreali and the palisteniens, icluding alot of people in the Islamic world was brought near than it had been in many months, only after the events of September eleventh. Since our war on terrorism may include military actions on/against other nations besides afganistan, will that include palestiene? Intelligence could probably find plenty of terrorsits in that group, if not many with extremist views. How long will some nations endure gunship diplomacy, especially when the gunships shows up at their own or their allies door. This trend in policy thats is consistant with the current hasty military action policy concerns me that the president and his advisory staff are placing a bet in quick results, in sake of the long term consequences. I wonder if "W" plays my favorite sport? Chess.