View Single Post
Old 05-03-2001, 04:46 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hear hear, Memnoch. I don't understand why this thread even began. I thought it was resolved in Ladyraes thread.

I would like to add one thing, and that is regarding the labelling of "closed mindedness" on those that were bored and annoyed by the "romance" of the "Moons hope inn".

Tolerance and open mindedness works both ways. Tolerance is choosing to coexist with something you don't agree with. Anyone can tolerate something they enjoy. I could very well label those who were offended by criticisms of the Inn to be in turn intolerant and closed minded of those critical opinions.

Where would that get us?

I am glad you enjoyed the Inn, Kdog/Zeeke. I for one got very bored by it as at one stage it was the only thread being responded to, so I very nearly left the board to find something more interesting. I decided instead to voice my opinion and got lambasted. Interesting indeed. I thought this matter sunk before the Ironworks went offline. Sad to see it hasn't.

I must say I was glad to see Ladyrae voicing an honest opinion though. Anger by itself is not destructive as it can energise an individual to achieve much. It is the actions that normally go along with anger which cause such grief and devastation. I prefered reading Ladyraes strong opinions on sexual jokes to anything 'lovey-dovey' that she posted because it made me think and gave an insight into depths of her character hidden until that point.

But then that's just me, and this is just my opinion.

I hope you guys have the openmindedness to tolerate it.

Thankyou

Yorick.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!