Thread: The President
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 01:13 PM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I don't want to get into a big arguement here, but they are not going into hiding. They are going to secure locations so they can handle the situation. The word Hiding implies a lack of intention to handle the problem. Why are they "hiding"? I would say because they would be prime candidates for terrorist attacks, and if we are going to respond to this attack, they need to be alive to lead the country.

This whole thread is a moot point anyways, because as Moni said, nobody knows where they are going to. The Secret Service wouldn't disclose that information.

Seriously, this is a time for us all to stand together against terrorist activity, not a time for us to pick apart our government and complain about why we don't like our president.

I apologize. I was way off base, but I just got so MAD at the thought that these terrorists (or whoever) could be planning even MORE destruction and there isn't anywhere any of US can go to be safe. We just have to sit here and hope noone bombs us. I know it's important for our government heads to be safe to try to figure out what to do. I don't blame him for that, really, I was just so distraught and needed to vent. I, in reality, voted for Bush and have been upset that everyone else bashes him all the time. I just got overwhelmed with the idea of them safe while everyone else falls under the category of "acceptable losses". I frustrated and scared. Bad combination for me, makes me go to pieces....sorry.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)