View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I can't really answer your first question, as when I ran through the game I had decided to make little use of ranged weapons (whoops! ). I like how you ask using your bard's lore, so I shall answer in that Wyrm's Tooth itself is of course loaded to the brim with ice creatures - ice trolls, snow trolls, and frost giants to name a few. I should also add that if you have been thorough in your killing, you should be able to start the Heart of Winter expansion, if you are interested/and/or own it. And your last answer, I shall put it in the form of a comparison:

IWD: Only one village, very straightforward, not a lot of free exploration, heavily combat-based, interesting dialogue choices, not a lot of dialogue though, no Reputation to worry about most of the time, virtually all enemies are undead or resistant to some elemental damage, etc.

BG2: Many cities, has a goal but 80% of game is side-quests and free exploration that is totally up to you, less randomized drops, still plenty of combat, but these battles are more strategic, sort of repetitive dialogue choices, and LOTS of talking, Reputation is important to not lose (with a 20 you get 50% off store prices!), large variation in enemy types, but virtually of those are resistant to magic. The best RPG I have ever played if not the original BG.

With ToB: This part is more straightforward with little free exploration, but very difficult battles, and every enemy seems to drop +3 equipment like it's nothing (which it sort of is, at that point), you become immensely powerful, good expansion overall. And in these games, Baal is referred to as Bhaal for some reason. But either way, you would be considered insane if you passed up BG2. (You should play BG1 first though, just to get plot and things down, and it is somewhat closer to IWD).

HAVE FUN BEATING ALL THREE!,
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote