View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Various WoW Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee Slaytern View Post
Well, all right. After some consideration, I have installed 3 add-ons. Auctioneer, CarboniteQuest and Gatherer. Gatherer is pretty straightforward, and CarboniteQuest took some tweaking with the settings before I was comfortable with it. Auctioneer however, has been a case of information overload. I believe I know what I am going to be doing this weekend... spend a few hours to "RTFM", because seriously, I don't think I even understand what 90% of the stuff in Auctioneer is suppose to mean to me. As I said before, I am not planning to play World of Wallstreet here, I just want some basic info, that's all.
It's actually really easy - basically you click Scan to update the Auctioneer database, and that's it. This will give you a tooltip that provides info on mean, max, starting, min historical prices for that item. The more regularly you scan the better info you have over time.

Appraise basically is an easy way for you to sell stuff, rather than pulling items from your inventory to the Post Auction screen.

I think there's one called Bottom Feeder in my version which alerts you to items that are significantly undervalued so that you can buy them and resell.

That's basically what I use.

As for this:

Quote:
You know those moments in a game when you realise no matter what you do, you're going to be f***ed anyway? The Paly saw the wave of doom approaching, cast a bubble on me, saluted me (yay for emotes ), and died approximately 5 seconds later, along with the rest of the party. Leaving me to watch helplessly on as everybody got tentacled-whipped to death by 30+ barbed sentient plants and Satyrs.
At least he was smart. Ancestral Spirit FTW!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote