View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Various WoW Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee Slaytern View Post
So it seems that the community is abuzz about the upcoming WotLK expansion. Meanwhile, my main has not even stepped one hoof into the Burning Crusade, and I will probably need to respec him soon. Every new session brings about something new though, and while for the most part I can get by, there are some things I wish to ask about.
~~~~ ~~~~
Good to see you enjoying yourself mate!

Quote:
Even until now, I still have not installed a single mod but that might change soon. I wish to know if a mod exists where I can force the "!" signs to appear above the NPCs' heads even if I am considered too high-levelled for the quest. Pixel-hunting for quests in new zones is not a terribly fun experience.
You definitely need to install some mods to be more efficient. Lavi gave some great ones above. The main ones I use are:

- QuestHelper - great for helping you with quests. I think this can be set up to show grey quests as well.
- X-Perl Frames - just looks prettier (IMO) and helps with group management
- Deadly Boss Mods - helps with instances and flag timers for PvP
- Omen - helps with instances and raids by showing how much threat you're generating
- Recount - helps you statistically analyse your performance in terms of healing, dps, damage taken, etc.
- Titan Panel - all round useful by having a little bar at the top and bottom of your screen with useful info
- Auctioneer - a must have if you want to maximise your AH performances
- Gatherer - if you are mining/herbalist it will make it so much easier by recording where the nodes are
- EnemyNaturCastBar - helps you in pvp by showing cooldowns from both your group and enemy players

I have a few more but they are more dps-specific.

You can get these from www.curse.com.

Quote:
Additionally, is there any mod that can help me modify the LFG system so that it does not remove instances from the options just because I have reached too high a level? Asking for a group for Uldaman when I have Maraudon listed in the system doesn't seem kosher.
~~~~ ~~~~
Not sure about this, unfortunately.

Quote:
Playing Battlegrounds made me remember that no matter what game it is, most people are idiots, or possess the tactical sense of a rabid chicken. Ironclad law of being Human.
~~~~ ~~~~
LOL. My ongoing BG experiences (from level 39 up to 69 I think) are documented below.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=98153

Basically, I have had the best success in groups that communicate well. How well your faction does seems to depend upon your battlegroup as some battlegroups Horde always do well in AB while others Alliance do well. Take the lead in communicating - eg. in AV ask for buffs/buff people before the start (costs no mana) and keep communicating asking people to call incs to flags, etc. Be prepared to change plans if needed as conditions on the ground are always fluid. Always have 1 or 2 people at each node to call incs and be situationally aware.

I love BGs though - once you get the hand of them, they are awesome.

Quote:
I am currently building up a Prot-Warrior and I am wondering what should be my Primary Stats? I am currently thinking of Stamina, Agility and Strength in that order. Is this ideal? I was thinking of Stamina due to the HP boost, Agility for the additional Armour and Crit-chance. Strength helps out with DPS (for Aggro) and Shield Block.

If I focus more on Stamina and Agility, that would mean I would be focusing more on "of the Monkey" items. Is this advisable?
~~~~ ~~~~
I don't really have a Prot warrior (I have an Arms/Fury one) but generally Sta is pretty important, depending on your level. What level are you targetting?

Quote:
My Warlock Tailor/Enchanter is a bleeding purse... Thank goodness my Main is a Herbalist/Alchemist.
~~~~ ~~~~
Enchanting and Engineering are pretty expensive - I have a 300 Enchanter and it cost a fortune to skill him up. What you want is a high level toon farming greens and blues for you to disenchant as disenchanting can make you some decent money. As for Herbalism, get Gatherer as it will really help. It's a bit of a grind though with most of these gathering professions.

Quote:
NEVER attempt to swim to the Badlands from Booty Bay.
~~~~ ~~~~
LOL I take it you either drowned or ran into a high level mob.

Quote:
The Auction House is your friend. Learn to use it, love it, and profit.
~~~~ ~~~~
Dude, you will seriously profit so much more if you use Auctioneer/Auctioneer Pro. At your level, I was making some seriously decent money (50g or so) a week just by devoting 30mins of my time buying undervalued items and resellng them for their true value.

Anyway, glad to see you're enjoying yourself mate. Ask for advice from people here - there's a huge amount of knowledge from the guys here.

Last edited by Memnoch; 08-25-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote