Thread: Guns.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 07:55 PM   #257
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
LOL Magik !

Now, now, it's very simple to prove you that you are wrong indeed : as widely different as IW members are, we all do agree to abide by the Ironworks T.O.S. ...

Now, now, you can do better than that. You know perfectly well that I was not saying that I thought an unique government for everyone was realistic - nor that it was wishable, BTW. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I did, and still do, hope and believe that humanity will be able in the near future to create an international institution whose role will be to take care of the major society problems on an international level. With real power, this time, overruling the national powers in such cases like terrorism, war policies, sects, ... Well, wrong : I sure hope humanity will, because I do think she is going right into the wall if she doesn't.

If the September 11th events didn't teach all of us that truth the hard way, then what did they teach us ?

About the difference of government between France and the US, you dodged my point and you know it. I was referring to protecting the citizens as a major role of governments in general, whatever their power structure - yours do address this role, at a federal level.

EDIT : BTW, speaking about T.O.S. rules, what about respecting Memnoch's post asking we do not post nested quotes ?
Hmm didnt realize I had posted a nested quote..sorry I do try to remove them when I see them. I AM really only human, I know I dazzle everyone with my near perfection...but Im not really [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for dodging the question I didnt dodge, but I may have misunderstood what you said or ment. There is room for improvement, but I thought the UN was supposed to do the things you just mentioned?
I doubt individual governments will be willing to give up sovreignty tho....a sticky situation to say the least.

Anyway sorry againa bout the nested quote thing, really didnt realize it was there.