View Single Post
Old 12-12-2000, 12:18 AM   #40
Peewee

In my opinion Minsc isn't one to be hated, but can get annoying sometimes, always rephrasing his few lines "swords, not words", "a den of stinking evil", etc. However, i just dropped him out of my party, because he had to few HP (due to con i guess) and becomes the target of domination spells to easily.
I replaced Minsc with Valygar, and to be honest, i didn't regret it one time. Valygar may not be THAT cool, but his stats are much more impressive, he does own his family armor and the way-cool katana. In fact, combined with the Boots of Speed and another weapon he's a killer.

At this point I'm in Chapter 5: my party until now:

Myself- Fighter: lvl. 17.
Valygar- Ranger: lvl. 14
Keldorn-Paladin: lvl. 12 with Corsymr ROCKS!!
Jaheira- Fighter-Druid: lvls 12-13.
Imoen - Thief-Mage: lvl. 12
Edwin: Mage: lvl. 14

Korgan: would have been an option if my head char wasn't a fighter-type.
Anomen: sucks, and he's a real tease.
Nalia and Aerie: both too weak, don't stand up against Edwin or Imoen.
Haer'Dalis: not as good as Imoen i guess
Mazzy: not as good as Korgan or the rest of the fighter-types.
Viconia: could be an option, but a bit too weak, Jaheira is a much better choice.
Cernd: didn't go to Trademeet yet.
Jan: THE MOST IRRITATING brat of them all. He even beats Anomen the wimp. I think Jan is more of circus freak show person than a sturdy adventurer. I checked him for three minutes and then i dumped him.

By the way, i'm still looking for the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, the Blade of The Equalizer, The Talking Sword, and the Sling+5. SOme help please?

CHeers.