View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

My people were in dire distress, I was sent out by our great shaman to find a warmskin with the ability to help us. I had been travelling for many days and for many miles, when suddenly I spotted a party of six by the banks of Nymph Lake. I knew it was of paramount importance that I got their attention, so I started speaking to them a while before I came up by their side. And... I walked right past them. The old trick: telling part of the story and then playing hard to get. But it did not work. They did not follow me. All right then, I thought: on to the predetermined return point and then back. Then I am bound to get their attention. "Come here, Ukabu", I said and walked on again with the adventurers hardly noticing me. Okay, I shall be fair and admit that my being hyper was partly caused by the hallucinogenic fungi growing in our underground caverns, but still these warmskins must surely want to be Ukabu. I mean if a green amphibian walked up to you in the street and asked, would you not want to be Ukabu?

All right, third passage. Argh, I was seeing stars. When I came to I was in the basement of a windmill. The leader of the party had directed a spotlight torch right in my face. Some people just do not have a sense of humour. All right, I must admit I could use the six bottles of ointment they gave me for my corns. That nice priest at Valeia would usually prepare some for me ad tell the couriers that the bottle's contents served a greater purpose.

I was just about to tell them about my village and how to become Ukabu when... they left. Augh, they had been playing the game before and already had the necessary words in their vocabulary. All right them, but at least they could have teleported me back out of this basement again... Helloooooo anybody there?