View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Default Re: NWN2: Is it Worth Getting?

Thought I'd give NWN2 another vote of being worth the investment - especially now since it is so cheap. (You can get it from Aussiegamer for 20 bucks AU for example).

I was fortunate enough to obtain the game bundled with a video card pack, but later on purchased both Mask of the Betrayer (which is a fantastic game, superior to the vanilla product from a narrative and choice point of view) and Storm of Zehir, (Which I'm still yet to play.)
I'd go so far as to recommend picking up NWN2 just so that you can experience Mask of the Betrayer, because it is one of the better story-heavy crpgs since Torment.

As to the camera issues - they are there, but they are certainly able to be overcome with patience and a bit of tweaking. The expansions and patches also assist in making them a little more manageable.

Interesting that you haven't been able to get into Drakensang - that's meant to play like a smoother NWN2 in some respects. I had alot of fun with the demo, but it was fairly inoffensive (in a fun disney kind of way) and dare I say slightly generic. I wouldn't mind picking it up if I saw it locally - but our mainstream stores (Eb games) had no clue about it when I last enquired.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote