Thread: Rant mode on...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 06:49 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

...Makes me wonder why she's doing it. Has she always been this way? Did you and your brother grow up in less fortunate means and maybe this is her way of trying to make up for your not having lots of presents? Is she just being obstinate and unthoughtful?

Have you asked her the whys of this behaviour?

Hats off to you for not telling her exactly where to get off, though. My mother usually gets really weird gifts/stuff we'd never use or wear no matter how much you paid us. This year she got our daughter a pretty long flowing skirt---the kind I would wear (it's even my size) but the very not-into-long-flowing-skirts girl would not even be buried in (!) and I got a striped shirt that not only is way too small (even for daughter), it is butt ugly. Not a case of swapped packages: she included a handwritten note with the skirt to daughter. ::shrugs:: Who knows. I've also been the recipient of a yellow sweater---and I have NEVER worn yellow!!!

But I agree with others here---tell her she can buy them as much as she likes but it stays at HER house.