View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 11:04 AM   #49
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

AVIENDHA IS A GUY?!?!?!?!?!? [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cerek dashes madly through the house, running into walls. Jumps into shower and starts scrubbing madly ---- pours soap directly into eyes.

Screams in pain.

"+5 Look of Seduction"

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Scrubs eyes harder. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Just teasing, Aviendha.

Everybody else has covered the subject pretty well. We like you for your personality, NOT your gender. Don't worry, my man. As you've seen, EVERYBODY is fine with you just the way you are.

I gotta hand it to you, you had me completely fooled. What a shock! Still, it doesn't change how I feel about you as a person.

I agree with the others that there is no reason to change your name, just adjust your sig. I really liked the one Megabot offered. I think it suits your personality very well.

Also, I have requested my own ID change from Ziroc well over a month ago and I've not heard back from him yet. The thing is, it's extra work for him, so it might not happen at all.

Like you, I joined for the BGII forum and I also used the name of my favorite PnP & BGII character. Cerek was a barbarian from the 1st edition UA, so Cerek the Barbaric seemed like a good choice. Then, once I got involved in the Religious threads, I felt that the ID didn't reflect my true personality very well.....so I put in a request to have "the Barbaric" dropped.

But it doesn't really matter if it gets changed or not. People know me as Cerek and I finally found a sig that represents my beliefs far better than my ID. I still hope to drop the "barbaric" tag, but if it doesn't happen, that's fine too.

It should be VERY obvious that NOBODY wants you to leave - and that nobody really gives a flying frog about your gender. Yeah, it might take a little "getting used to", but it won't be long before few people even remember it.

So, relax DUDE! Sit back and enjoy the company of your friends and family.

BTW, how are things going at work? Did your "situation" resolve itself?