View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

<font color=plum>I don't really have a problem with the body armor. Batman's outfit WAS reinforced with a kevlar-like substance in the comics. In one issue in particular, he ran towards a crook pointing a rifle at him. As he ran he thought to himself "That's right, point your gun right at the bat on my chest". That's because he had that area more heavily reinforced than the others. And he had the yellow and black symbol on his chest to act as a deliberate "target" to shooters.

Body armor does help explain the "ripped" look of characters in the comics, and would especially make sense in the case of Batman, since he doesn't actually have any "super powers".

He does have incredible physical strength. In another long ago issue, a drug lord was on his yacht and working out with some weights. He was bench pressing what looked to be 200-250 lbs. Batman walks up to him, grabs the bar, and starts doing CURLS with one arm. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

So he DOES have the physique in the comics, but it's hard to find a quality actor with that type of real life physique. So the next best explanation is mutable body armor.

Works for me.</font>