View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, InKey!!!

I forget if this is one of those quests that each individual can do or if having one character do it is good enough for all - I'm sure someone will answer that question before too long.

There are several possible solutions -

1) load a previous save prior to loosing the invitation(s). If you haven't learned to do multiple saves for your game, do so now. Having multiple saves can avoid a lot of grief or restarting (from the beginning) or resetting (from the last town visit). If you don't have such a save, consider one of the following possibilities:

2) have one of your characters who did not have this particular quest get the quest - this may involve having one of them join the warrior's guild in order to qualify. To join the warrior's guild you may have to have one of your non warrior characters pretend to take on a class change quest that would make them qualify for membership in the warrior's guild. You can cancel this class change quest after getting a new invitation. Give the invitation to one of your warriors who already had the quest and let them fulfill it. This may take care of all of the characters with the quest or not. Sorry to be fuzzy on that detail but someone will know and fill in that information.

3) hack the invitations into your inventory - I don't believe I have the code for the invitation but that wouldn't be too hard to find. Hacking items for this game isn't that difficult and (if you make certain that you backup your save game to a totally different directory on your machine) completely safe. There is another thread on this board in which I describe in detail the process of hacking items.

4) Forget about this quest. That does mean that you won't get the 3rd Ishad N'Ha warrior quest which is for Doshi Gin's Lamp but you will still be able to reach top guild ranking by successfully completing the 3 warrior quests from the Brimloch Roon armory.

Failure to deliver the invitation only prevents you from rising in guild ranking - has nothing to do with dealing with Freyedies. You don't need to kill him. The fact that you already have the Dragon Armor indicates that you've done what you really need to do in the Stout Mines and can move on to something else.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote