View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #46
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
As far as the whole boy/girl issue goes, it's definitely not fairly balanced. A guy can go sow his wild oats, and if he decides to move on and ignore any evidence of past mistakes (like children), it's much easier, at least in my perspective. The girl, rightly or wrongly, seems to be the one who gets "stuck" raising the kid(s). And yes, adoption is an option, but that's another thread entirely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well, somewhat true. But, child support orders can come back to haunt the guy later. Image when he's 28 being told he owes $50k in back child support, payable to the gov't, and installments better start soon or he's going to jail for 6 mos. This is what my wife does every day at her job. But, there's still the societal impression: young women are disdained for being slutty, but young men are applauded for it. I dunno. Guess all I can say is I took to the stereotypical mode like a fish to water.

Quote:

I remember from my youth the occasional promising of the moon, with no intent to deliver on the promise. Phrases like "Sure, I'll still love you in the morning" have become jokes because they're so prevalent.
To quote the great Sam Kinison: "Sure, *snicker* I love you. Now, roll over."

Quote:
[qb/]BTW, I don't think that boys should be allowed to get away with things either. I've got a son just two years behind my daughter, and I'll be expecting him to control his hormones as well.[/QB]
Amen. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

God, guys, I've never seen so many sagacious folks crawl outta the woodwork to give advice.

[ 02-18-2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]