View Single Post
Old 10-08-2001, 10:38 AM   #19
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Link, you know it's not all your fault. Yes, that joke was completely uncalled for and ticked me off, but like Epona said, it was more of a last straw thing. Don't blame yourself ok?
Donut, thanks for you concern hon, but really...the comments about my real life being rocky and myself being stressed, I'm sure they're well meant but it's precisely that attitude that is hurtful. You don't NEED to make up any excuses for why I am supposedly overreacting, because my point is that I'm NOT overreacting. For the last few days it has happened repeatedly that I gave my opinion on a subject, just like so many others here share their opinions (and, if I may add, often much more strongly than I ever did), and got asked if I was burnt out or even accused of being an insulting person! Such attacks on my personality/mental state are not funny, and though I can handle them, I simply refuse to defend myself against such ridiculous assertions. Things like forum wars etc have nothing to do with it... this may come as a surprise but hey, I KNOW this is just the Internet; I have more important things in my life, and some brat telling me off online (I mean no one in particular, just an example ) does NOT distress me in RL! Contrary to popular belief, I am quite happy in RL (even though it's difficult, I've been through far worse). So please, I ask of all of you to stop making assumptions about me unless you know they're true....
Link, don't worry, I'm not leaving at all, though I would like to be away from the board for a while; like I said such attacks do not truly harm me, it's just that I have better things to spend my energy on.
Epona, Donut and Wolfie, thanks so much for your posts...you guys rock!! *big hug*
Mel! I don't think anyone can understand how happy I am now!! Thanks for forgiving me! Have you read my email??

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe