View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 06:29 PM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Warby:
I've got throne of Bhaal and I am gonna start from the very start of the game so I can all the items instead of startin throne of Bhaal without them. I was just wondering whether to be a mage or a Cleric?. I've never really liked being a fighter and apparantly thieves arn't much use in TOB. Especially assasins which is a shame. Druids arn't very good either in my opinion.

A cleric has the obvious benfits of turning dead as well as good spells and the ability to fight. But a mage is more powerfull in the end. I'm not really sure what benifit you get from being a wild mage apart from a few dodgy spells.

Warby
Just to address a couple of your concerns. Assassins start off pretty crappy, but really kick ass in ToB as your backstab hits crazy high damage. Once you get your skills pick Use Any Item, which is pretty self explanitory. Thieves also get really good traps in ToB, making for some of the easiest(did I say cheesiest?) battles for any char. Lead ANY creature to your previously laid 5 spike traps, and battle is over.

Wild mages are a curiousity at best, and I never found undead that were easier to turn then to just bash them with my mace. Individual results may vary.

Mages are quite powerful, but if going that route take the best, a suped up sorc.