View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 11:29 PM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
That sucks Andrew. At least thats all they got. I had someone break into my van once. They took 3 nailguns, 2 stapleguns, 2 saws, and a recipricating saw. About $2500 worth of stuff. 4 days before I was going on vacation to Colorado. Yes it was a fairly broke trip Stinking thieves suck! Plus I had my apartment robbed once, and a million other things. I say lets kill thieves! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I once had my car robbed right outside the front door of a Coogee recording studio. I opened the door at around 3am, and noticed the doors and boot open with stuff on the ground. I thought,
"Eh? I didn't do that..." then I realised it was a thief. At that moment, like a rat exposed to light, the guy ran away from the far side of the car. I yelled after him in a wierd low testosterone induced growl/yell, but initially left it at that.

I checked the car. I'd lost a heap of CDs, a sound module, and a priceless controller for an old analogue keyboard.

I felt so violated. Like the inside of the car was dirty.

I went looking for the guy(s) after calling the cops but no luck.
The owner of the studio came around the next morning with a 'henchman' and expressed outrage that that had happened due to the local 'people' he knew....

Whatever.

I never got the stuff back, and unrelatedly, didn't hire/work for/use the studio again.

But I got a story out of it.

[ 08-05-2002, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com