Thread: Fresh start
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

Light Bulb Re: Fresh start

So after a couple of days of thinking and attempts to get HoW installed on Win 7 (yet to succeed on the latter), I decided against soloing for 5 reasons:
1. Soloing after Dragon Eye gets so boring since I would have the best gear till then and sufficient gold to upgrade at the first opportunity.
2. I used to wipe out my enemies with an army of Elementals and that led to it becoming even easier.
3. My classes of choice were: F/M/T (been there done that), F/M/C (can't use sharp weapons so limits my choices too much), Paladin (just for getting the Pale Justice)
4. I always wanted to try out the bard and see why some people praise it so much with HoW and TotL.
5. The secret to having so much gold to get the best gear early on is that I sold of all, and I mean ALL, the loot from my kills. And if you haven't done it with 1 character yet, you have no idea how tedious it is to transport all of it trip after trip after trip after...

So I got hold of TotL and all the relevant mods. Once i get HoW to install properly, will set out. Meanwhile have created a party of 3:
1. Paladin
2. F/M/C (coz my Paladin will use the sharp weapons and I've already almost finished on F/M/T)
3. Bard

Currently have wrapped up the Orc cave next door to Easthaven within 20 min of starting.

Would appreciate thoughts on:
1. the party selection
2. any pit falls I should avoid/suggestion on how to go about, installing HoW on Win 7 along with TotL and the mods (I plan to put in this order: Auril's Bane, IWD Fixpack, Improved BAMs, Item Upgrade, Unfinished Business, IWD NPCs, IWD Tweakpack and finally Widescreen Mod)
3. Also I am finding it pretty easy on the highest level of difficulty (Very Hard). Is my party that good? Think I need HoW to push it up to HoF mode or is there a secret Insane level difficulty (while on that is Insane = Very Hard?)

End post *deep breath*
Either learn or leave

Last edited by Serak Moonblade; 10-25-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Typo
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote