View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Decrypting Save Game Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
As I recall when I was trying to figure out how to hack items and also learned to hack the characters to a certain degree - character information appears in three areas within the saved game file. To change items you only needed to work with the last bit of information at the end of the file - to change characters you had to do identical changes to all three areas.

(it's been years since I've done this but I'm fairly certain that is the way it was - or at least the only way that I could make character changes stick).
I will have to look into this more. From what I can see, the first two sets of character information are just re - hashes of the Roster.dat file. The third one is the set of records that I have been describing in this forum. I am not sure if it is all changes to PCs or only some of them that will need to be done three times. Even in the latter case that is not hard.

One thing I will need to check is whether you need to alter all three entries when you only want temporary possession of an item. If you only need the item long enough to trigger a role ascension then altering the last record might be enough.

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 01-29-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote