Thread: Satanism
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2002, 04:03 AM   #34
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well I have an older brother who is a true Satanist and he makes animal sacrifices, has his pentagram and performs seances, etc.

Anyway, Satanism in its true form is still practiced widely here in the U.S. so don't go fooling yourself into believing it isn't widespread or popular. Anything calling itself "Satanism" that doesn't go full force into demonic worship is as false a religion as you can get.
Moni did you even bother reading the link? What you are describing is Gothic Satanism and in its true form not just dabbling it is very rare, most of the "dabblers" in Gothic Satanism are kids who are looking for something to make them feel like they belong.
To say that Gothic Satanism is Satanisms true form is ignorant and short sighted. In fact the Church of Satan is the most widespread version of Satanism in America and follows Religious Satanism not Gothic.
Gothic Satanism was a creation of a mythos spread as propoganda by the Christian church to plaster a moral acceptance of the witch burnings.
"Anything calling itself "Satanism" that doesn't go full force into demonic worship is as false a religion as you can get."
Again I suggest you read up on this in the link I provided, Satanism is not about demon worship or sacrifices, only the sect of Gothic Satanism does that and it is the least widespread. Satanism is not about worship of a god/devil but worship of yourself, to satisfy your desires and live your life to fulfillment.
I provided this link to exactly try and show people that these views like you hold are very uninformed, just because these people hold to the name "Satanism" society condemns them for it.