View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 08:05 PM   #46
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
If you must know more about wiccan conan i started a thread a whail ago about it (pecifically asking about it). Wiccans believe in the god and goddess who are intermitenaries between you and the source of power that created the universe because we as humans can't comprhend the power. Please correct me if i'm wrong here i have been reading a lot about the wiccan religion lately and am really getting intrested in it and want to be correct about these things.
You seem to have the fundamentals down, Blade. Plus I posted a link to the threads in question a little ways up this thread.

I'm even MORE bizarre because I have blended my Christian faith with Wicca. I believe that the 'ultimate source' CAN be comprehended for that is God. I believe in the fundamentals of the Bible (John 3:16, for example). I also know that some of the Christian tenets are based somewhat in pagan beliefs (as are elements of Catholicism, etc.) Those elements of similarity were built in to the faith specifically to get "pagans" to listen to the teachings in the Bible.

My feeling, though, is that, while it is highly important to look to the union of the soul with God (or however you choose to name Him), the union with nature is just as important. God gave the earth to man to oversee it. I'm afraid society has lost sight of that. Man is made from the earth and will return to it. We ARE a part of it as SC and others have said.

At least, that's my belief. Boy, I don't know if I explained things well. It's awfully hard to explain how I have come to the conclusions I have.

P.S. Diogenes and Absynthe, I too look forward to Samhain. This is actually my favorite time of the year. Closely tied with Beltaine!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-28-2001).]