View Single Post
Old 11-15-2000, 11:44 PM   #15
Gaijin

I gotta go with Sloth on this one.

Crusaders is my absolute all-time most favorite bestest RPG in the whole wide world.

Why take my word for it? Because I've been playing RPG's since the dawn of time! (well, for about 16 years anyway, same difference...)

There's not a game out there with more personality and panache. PERIOD. Name just ONE I dare ya! See? You can't! MWAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, if you can find Bane of the Cosmic Forge and/or Crusaders of the Dark Savant, you will NOT be disappointed (unless you HAVE to have super-duper flashy graphics and sound; btw Sloth, I'll have you know that Crasaders boasts a whopping 256 color palette! Not bad at all!). My 3.5" Crasaders floppies are treasured even to this day. Still got my notebook full of maps for it too and I've got a floppy with my original party members saved from all those years ago. No way I'm EVER deleting them. No siree. Ultimate Wizardry Archives rules if you can get your hands on that.

Freud's right about the Fallout games too, loved 'em, but for the purest fantasy RPG experience available, you gotta go with Bane/Crusaders!