View Single Post
Old 11-15-2000, 07:55 PM   #4
xenotoca

You may have trouble finding it now but daggerfall is in some respects similar to W&W but single person. great charater development you can become a werewolf (full moon only) or a vampire and get cured if you dont like it. lots of quests Some good some indifferent. Main problem was there was in the end no actual main purpose to the game and the dungeons were very similar in appearnce ie stone walls. If you do get it make sure to download the patch. (W&W player strach heads and mutter "whats a patch" )Dungeonmaster which most people forget started the first person view RPG`s (it was out on the Atari ST then the Amiga as the PC was not powerfull enough at the time)is also very good and I have seen it for download on a couple of the Abandonware sites but not sure if this is legal. If you dont tell I wont.
Some people love the Wizardry series and the old SSI gold box games had good storylines but were a bit hack and slash hopefully POR II should be good and hopefully the daggerfall sucessor morowind which has an editor to be your own DM both should be out by the time you complete BG I & II