View Single Post
Old 11-23-2001, 03:02 AM   #9
Whailor

There are no loopholes in the fight, when all what's left of the enemy after you hit it very hard are empty pair of boots, standing there lonely...

But all in all, I don't know.. I have fought Shade Lord before too, when I went through the game previous times and with even lower level chars. Only real fight in that whole place was always the Shadow Dragon, rest were really nothing compared to it. OK, this time I had couple more fights on my hand as there were liches, whom I don't remember to be in the dungeon during previous times. Though my char was now higher lvl as well, and that may be very well the reason those 2 were there. They were though just a minor inconvenience, my berserker soloed them and all their cronies.

As for Shade Lord.. He really was just something relaxing after the SD. It was just as I said - I finished the SD, I still had some buffs left on the party members and so I decided to do it with one swift swoop and not waste time on rebuffing. Exited the lair of SD and hit the pause. Managed to pause the game before Shade Lord started yappin'. Forced the full party attack on Patrick, then selected the main char and forced the attack on Shade Lord. Unpaused and Shade Lord went on talking. Once he was done with that, he got some mouthful of sword steel to chew on - double the amount from a dual wielding char - and fell shortly after the Patrick. I didn't even need any buffs to knock him out tho. So to the original posted of the topic - if your team can handle the Shadow Dragon, then no worries, the Shade Lord will be no problem whatsoever. If you cannot handle Shadow Dragon, then buff up before you go to Shadow Dragon room, then run through it to the Shade Lord room. I personally actually never tried, but I suspect that starting spellcasting at the Shadow Dragon (to buff for the Shade Lord) might tick off the dragon [img]smile.gif[/img]

And a minor spoiler - if you didn't kill the Shadow Dragon, then definately do it later (I think it should still be there later, I haven't tried though), as it has something what you may really want.

As for dragons - Aerie stole Firkraag from my main char! Heh.. We went in; talked the talk; I set up the party;, engaged and main char did most of the job, most of the damage; and then Aerie blasted it with MM and it fell over... Bah! Only one missile managed to hit it and it fell over, because it was so beaten up already.. Wonder if I have the savegame left from the preparation cycle heheh..