View Single Post
Old 02-17-2001, 07:57 AM   #64
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILER about Kangaxx and liches.

I had some time over today, so I decided I would do the "Kangaxx-mission". My characters are now at level 12, except the fighter/thief who is at level 10/11. I had heard from someone that you could get two rings of gaxx, if you stole one from the first Kangaxx, so I decided I would try that. I had three of my party members that could hurt Kangaxx. The fighter/thief had flame-tounge (+4 agains undead), the ranger/cleric dualwielded mace of disruption (the improved one) and flail of ages, and the berserker/mage had staff of ryhmn. My tactic was pretty easy:

I had one mage cast two scrolls of protection from undead on my ranger/cleric and fighter/thief. My fighter/thief set three traps, and my berserker/mage stood in the corner, out of sight from Kangaxx. I let my main character, Jill the kensai/mage, stay in a visible position so that Kangaxx would see her, but also so that she wouldn't have far to the corner. I opened the tomb, and let Kangaxx come. When he he became visible (and blue), I stole the ring of gaxx, then he saw Jill and became hostile. Then I let Jill stay put and watch when the ranger/cleric and the fighter/thief took care of him. If Jill wasn't in a visible position, then Kangaxx would never die, so I had to make her watch the terrible slaughter. As soon as the demi-kangaxx came, I let Jill go to the corner, so that she wouldn't be mazed. The ranger/cleric and the fighter/thief took care of the demi-kangaxx very easy, because he didn't even see them.

After this fight, I have 2 ring of gaxx!! This almost feels like cheating. I think I will give the rings to Jill or maybe I should give it to my ranger/cleric?? Who should have the boot of speeds? I let my ranger/cleric have it this fight, but Jill is kind of specialized in fighting because of her spells. Jill have mostly protective combat spells that boost her to be a really good fighter.

I feel pretty content about this party, even though I miss the backstabs of my former kensai/thief. My fighter/thief is a really weak backstabber, I always get disapointed when he only does 25-50 in quadridouble damage. I have only seen him do 112 damage at most, which was quite usual for my kensai/theif