View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 05:28 AM   #32
Skippy1
Elminster

Sounds like your a man amongst many women at work Nerull. This could explain quite a bit when you mention the discussions/conversations going on at work. In my own experience, women tend to talk more about the home and children, make-up, period pain and the like. It's hardly surprising that you find it difficult to get involved/interested in their conversations. Women seem to have a different perception on what is important than men do. I've found in my marriage (15 years now) that our objectives differ quite a lot and require constant updating with each other or we loose touch with what we are working towards together. When we were first married, it took me several years to work this out. Consequently there were a lot of misunderstandings and arguments.

What I'm trying to say here is that you didn't make it clear that you work in an almost entirely female environment. This can make a big difference.

As for you prefering to live alone and lead a lone lifestyle; whatever turns you on mate! Could use a bit of it myself sometimes, though it rarely happens. I've got two boys as well as the wife at home, and while I love them, it would be nice to have a little solitude occasionally. But hey! Anyone who's married knows what I'm talking about.