View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 07:22 PM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks Luvian. Yeh I have started figuring some of it out, like the intimidate Vs diplomacy thing, but its all half guess-work. I kinda wanted to have it clarified so I wasn't spending precious points on something I mistakenly thought was making a difference (It *could* have just been the difference in charisma (8 Vs 18).

I also worked out the customisable action bar, which is a higlight of the interface, excellently done. Often playing BG2 I wished I could remove buttons I never used on certain characters to have, another quick weapon or ability etc. I also love the 4 different weapon combos. In BG2 if you wanted a guy with sword and shield to switch to bow, you had to go into inventory and start removing heaps of things and putting new things into quick weapon slots, a pain in the @$$. (but now I'm getting demanding and wishing there was a 'group select 2nd weapon kit' button, lol)

The stats thing still has me a bit bemused though. Only 16 extra points to spend is very... limiting. How important is Int for gaining new skills and feats ? Can I save up skill points when levelling if I only get 1 point each time (to spend on cross-class skills ?)

what are the best starting stats for a aasimar Paladin, and what should I spend new stat points on ? (staying true class)