View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 10:56 AM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ive been playing BG and BG2 for ages and I've gotten very comfortable with the rules, and what certain skills do (even if i still haven't worked out half the ways to use them all !). I bought IWD2 yesterday, got it home and... ta daa!!
A new rule set ?!?!

So has anyone got any kind of... general info or tips for someone familiar with 2nd ed, but new to 3rd ed ?

for eg. Bards can't have magic missile ?
-exactly how crazy *should* I go with multi-classing ?
-how do all these ability modifiers work ?
-I only have 76 points to spend on my character !!! what will I do ?!?!
-why can anyone use any weapon ? (and are there penalties apart from non-proficient, eg cleric using bladed weapons)
-what on earth are all the skills and abilities ? (intimidate, etc)
-do I have to turn them on ? because the only ones I ever see in the abilities menu are rogue/ranger ones (hide, search, woodcraft etc, about 5).
-Everey single one of my characters seems to have thieving abilities...are they just really sucky at it or what ?
-What do the skills and feats do, and what ones are useful as opposed to what ones aren't worth the points spent
-It seems to me that I've had different dialogue options with the 2 parties I've tried. 1 lead by Paladin with diplomacy, 1 led by barbarian with intimidate. Is this the difference in the skills or just the effects of lower charisma ?
-what does the 'spellcraft' feat do by adding more points in it ? is it only for mages or will clerics benefit too ?
-what are masterwork weapons ? ****(really wanna know this one)****
-what skills/abilities affect store prices ? My paladin got waaaay cheaper prices than my dwarven fighter, But my (char 8) + (4 x Intimidate) barbarian got the same as my (10 char) + (no people skill feats) rogue

basically, what skills/feats/stats do you recomend for what classes (and how do I use them ?)
ps. don't worry about monks or druids